Thursday, April 2, 2009

Mumbling About Work

It’s finally April. It’s almost 2 am but I can’t sleep because I’m so excited! In the past year I had been working full time at my dad’s office doing whatever is there to do. I work normal hours from 8am-5pm, but going to work takes an hour and twice as long to get back so that's 12 hours in total out from home. It really suck.

I reckon I’ve been a tough kid in the past years. I could cope moving overseas by myself at 13 to a foreign country, foreign food and language. I could also cope moving from the city to the mountains where I have to chop wood for hot showers, and run up and down mountains 3 times a week. I could cope moving places and changing friends, but now it’s time for the real challenge... office work... I have lost against office work. Office work had really beat me down to the grown.

Sitting around on my bum 8 hours a day just made me feel like the living dead, or a marshmallow, or a rock, depending on the weather. And it’s not just that, it’s as boring as hell. I’ve gone through my diseases, my depression, I’ve proved the world that I suck at going to work. Maybe I am totally unemployable... maybe I’m just adunno... made to bum around at home. I wonder how will I survive the world if I can’t cope with discipline and the ‘serious’ stuff. Looking at those people who always mean ‘business’ convinced me that I will never really grow up. I can't take them seriously for some reason...

So, starting this month I’ve moved jobs and been allowed to work part time. Monday-Wednesday. The rest of the time I could pretty much do anything I want! I’m so excited about it I can’t sleep. Actually, every time I think about it I can’t go to sleep. I keep imagining, I could bead more often, draw, write music, arrange my flowers, discover new places, and have more time for people... oh gosh I wonder if I can mush everything in one go!

Ok, done mumbling. Should really go to sleep now...

No comments:

Post a Comment