Sunday, March 22, 2009

Growing Bulbs


Since I was a kid, there's only one talent that I have and that is creativity. As I grew up, I find that this talent can come in many different mediums, and thats where I get a bit confused. I'm 23 years old and I envy people who are my age, or younger than me who have already made strong roots on what they are doing. On the other hand, I can't seem to focus myself on one thing. I will jump from one thing to other, look back, and realized that I should have strained myself into temptations that distracts me from what I should be focusing on. I'm not sure if this is a curse or blessing.

It's been more than a year since I graduated from the Australian National University on jazz vocals. I have been taught by the greats and love writing music immensely. I'm still a proud alumni of the university, but had barely sang or written a note ever since I left. While I was in uni, I wrote a song called Tulip Tree. As far as I know, there is no such thing as a Tulip Tree, so to me, tulip tree is a song about miracle and about excelling in a slow pace.

Miracle can come in many ways... but to me, if something happened that I thought it wouldn't, I would consider that as a miracle... and as someone who doesn't really expect much in situations, miracle happens quite a bit. It often happens when I create things. Like, if things come out better than I expected, or got my song gets played on a local radio, I would be like, "Wow... how did that happen?" kindda thing.

Now, I'm still a little bulb who is slowly peeking out little leaves onto the early morning sunshine. The circumstances that I'm in right now asks me for a new start. I'm leaving my current office desk job and move to a designing part time job to discover the things that I could've create if I hadn't been sitting in an office all day. So, I hope I'd be able to see more miracles happening soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment